If you’re in the construction or building industry, you’ll definitely know how important a skid steer loader and its various attachments are for certain projects.
When you’re looking for a skid steer loader for sale in the Melbourne area, then look no further than Supergroups. Situated in Melbourne, we are the NUMBER 1 Kubota dealer in Victoria for over 10yrs, offering a variety of skid steer loaders and attachment options.
Let’s shed some light on common questions so you can determine what you need for your business when you look for a skid steer loader for sale.
What Exactly Are Skid Steer Loaders Used For?
An array of attachments enables one machine to do many different landscaping and construction jobs. It’s also not uncommon to see a farmer using a skid steer loader around the property.
Used primarily for digging, skid steers are lightweight and easily maneuverable. Some of the other functions possible with a skid steer include:
- Debris removal
- Clearing and levelling
- All-terrain Fork Lift
- Bulk Earthmoving
- Automated soil distribution with float.
- Road profiling / Concrete / Hard surface
- Concrete sawing
Skid steer loaders can either have four wheels or two tracks.
Are All Skid Steer Loaders the Same?
No, wheeled Skid steer loaders have a chain case drive and tracked Skid steer loaders have Hydrostatic drives.
Skid steer loaders are primarily all standard. They are however available in different sizes, which are as follows:
- Small frame skid steer: Usually 790kg. with up to 37kW
- Medium frame skid steer: 790kg to 1000kg. with 37kW-52kW
- Large frame skid steer: Over 1000kg. with over 52kW
What Type of Attachments Are Available?
With the many skid steer loader attachments available, this nifty machine is really versatile and useful. Some of the attachments available include:
- Augers: Used primarily to drill holes for foundations, trees or fences. Users are guaranteed of speed and precision with digging of holes.
- Rock breakers: This robust attachment is basically a hammer attached to the front of the skid steer loader, used to break concrete, rock or asphalt.
- Grapple buckets: The strong, firm grip on this attachment is ideal for moving big objects like rocks, logs or large debris.
- Rock buckets: this bucket has slats, making it very efficient to clear stones and rocks from open land. The slats allow the finer soil to fall out and only debris is removed.
- Forks: Largely used for moving pallets of material or other bulky containers.
- Slashers: Suited for clearing plants, trees and bush areas. Used to clear an area before excavation can begin.
- Tillers: Used for digging and turning any type of soil, no matter how tough. This attachment easily breaks up ground and rips through any hardened material in the soil like old roots. It’s ideal for preparing soil for planting.
- Trenchers: Used for trench creation. Different sizes enable you to dig trenches in the exact size you need.
- Rakes: Most commonly used by landscapers to gather up rocks and plant debris. With its rake design, it’s also used to level and smooth out soil.
- Brooms: Used to power sweep areas such as car parks, factories and road construction.
- Spreader / Smudge Bars: Suitable for leveling and spreading soils.
It’s evident that the right attachment will make all the difference to the job at hand!
Kubota skid steer loaders can be road registered if required.
Parts are available from Supergroups, with Kubota head office right here in Victoria.
With over 25 years’ experience, Supergroups is Victoria’s leading skid steer loader dealer. 5 Star service offered by factory trained technicians means Supergroups will be able to satisfy all your skid steer loader requirements!
For a quote or more information on skid steers or other equipment, call Supergroups on (03) 9702 3999.